Week 8 Reading + Writing


Overall, I have really enjoyed that reading and writing assignments. It's been interesting to see all of the similarities and differences when it comes to myths vs folk tales, as well as the geographical location that they stem from. I am very pleased with how my blog has turned out, as well as my portfolio project! I think I prefer my portfolio site out of the two, just because I think I like the theme better (but I still like the blogger site).

I am also satisfied with how my writing is going, I had no idea what I was going to do at the beginning of the semester and I'm pleasantly surprised with the theme I came up with (zoo) and with how my stories have all been able to go along with my theme. I've also had a lot of fun writing and making all of my stories match my theme. 

My biggest accomplishment for writing in this class so far is just being able to get out of my comfort zone and tap into my creative-writing style. I normally don't ever write dialogue or anything fictional (other than school paper), so it's been fun getting to branch out. 

My reading notes are helpful but normally the first story I choose, I know I could turn into something with my theme, so the second story I take reading notes is essentially useless to me. I would also consider that a reading strategy I've discovered though; whenever I read a story, in the back of my head, I'm already thinking about how I can relate it back to animals or my zoo theme and it's been extremely helpful. 

A poster of descriptive words created by TREND Enterprises, Inc. I chose this photo from one of my previous blog posts because I still look at it when I write my current blog posts. I think that using more descriptive synonyms can make huge differences in our writing. Link here


Comments

Popular Posts