Week 4 Lab: Style TED Talks

For my Story Lab, I watched the TED-Ed videos about style, which I will link here. Out of these videos, my favorite was by Nalo Hopkinson: How to write descriptively. I thought that I resonated with this one the most, and I like how it opened up about fiction books and how they're not only entertaining, but also how you can get so absorbed that you even forget where you are when you're reading a good fiction book sometimes. 

Descriptive writing makes all of the difference, and vivid words really engage the senses to take the reader to that place. That is why I like reading fiction novels, and I definitely want my storybook to relate to fiction novels in that way - layers of vivid, descriptive words. It will make reading my stories more enjoyable and hopefully paint a picture for anyone reading it. 

A poster of descriptive words created by TREND Enterprises, Inc. Link here

Comments

Popular Posts