Topic Research: Kardashians x Aesop's Fables

For my topic research this week, I wanted to continue on with the Kardashians idea! My story for this week was also about the Kardashians, but was from the Mars and Venus story from Ovid's Metamorphoses. For my storybook, however, I think I would like to only do them from Aesop's Fables, so that is what I am going to research more about this week and see if I can find any fables that speak to me that I could relate back to them!

#1
The Fox and the Pheasants: this story shows that if you pay too much attention to danger, you might fall victim to it yourself. The fox did a dance in front of the pheasants, and they were so caught up in watching him that their heads started to spin; this caused them to fall in front of him, the prey right into the hands of the predator. I think I could do a spin off this and rewrite how Kim Kardashian got robbed in Paris. Sometimes, when you're that susceptible to danger and you've even taken all the precautions, things can still take a turn for the worst.

#2 
The Fox and the Leopard: this story talks about how no matter how beautiful you are on the outside, it doesn't mean you're smart on the inside. The fox and the leopard were talking about their own good looks, and the leopard (who would be a Kardashian in this story) was telling the fox that his looks were ordinary compared to his. The fox snapped back and said that he would be better off if he was smarter inside than just good looking on the outside (like the fox was). That's what the fox called real beauty. I think I could rewrite a spin off of this and how Kylie and Kim both have now established their makeup lines, and make it like a competition between the two of them, arguing which is better looking on the outside.

#3
The Wolf and the Goat: I think it would be fun to rewrite this but make it about one of the Kardashian's Christmas parties. The main idea of this story is that initiations prompted by selfishness are not accepted (the wolf trying to get the goat to fall down the cliff, where he is) and I'm sure that everyone tries to get invited to the Kardashians' infamous parties.

The entrance to the Kardashian Christmas party last year. Link here 

Comments

Popular Posts