Topic Brainstorm


#1
I watch reality TV sometimes and I think it would be fun to do a play off another TV show like Keeping Up with the Kardashians, or something like that. All my favorite storybooks I read in my previous blog post were all spins of TV shows streaming today, so I think I would have fun doing that. I think I could spin it off one of Aesop's fables potentially, such as Apollo and Jupiter's Jupiter and the Monkey. In the fable, Jupiter is a judge in a beauty contest for baby animals, and I think that I could make a modern day Keeping Up with the Kardashian's episode out of it where they enter their kids in a beauty pageant maybe (and make it longer than the actual fable).

#2
This Real Housewives/Princesses story was one that I wrote about in my previous blog post, when we looked at storybooks from past classes. I am interested in this topic because I thought it was humorous and fun to follow. I was always interested in what was going to be said next, and that's how I want my stories to be. I am interested in rewriting this story, and possibly changing the characters to the seven dwarfs instead of princesses and making it mostly Snow White based (so like the Real Housewives but Seven Dwarfs). I would like to learn more about the original "classic" fairytales, rather than just the Disney versions that I know.

#3
Another idea I had was doing something related to the Greek Gods, like "The Bachelor" where Poseidon or Zeus was the Greek God "Bachelor" and it would be a reality TV show where 25 Greek Goddesses would come fight for their love. I could twist this story from the myth of Adonis and Aphrodite. This interests me because it would be fun to write, and I think I could find a lot of love stories about Greek mythology to spin off of for it (for multiple scenes/chapters). I have always been interested in Greek mythology, I also really enjoyed the Percy Jackson movies, and I've also watched multiple seasons of the bachelorette so I think it would be easy/fun to relate them back to each other in new stories.


Painting of Venus (Aphrodite) and Adonis. Link Here 


#4
Another idea I had was changing the plot of Hansel and Gretel (but keeping the same characters) and making them on a present-day cooking show, maybe like Master Chef or Master Chef Junior, which is for kids. Something that all my ideas have in common is turning older stories into present day TV shows that I like watching, because I think that interests me the most (and also I noticed those were the storybooks I found myself liking the most as well). I'm looking forward to working on my writing skills and getting creative with how I change the plots/setting/characters/etc!

Comments

Popular Posts