Time Strategies



The two articles I read were Realistic Study Plans and The Psychology of Checklists, because I thought that out of the articles they were the two that I could relate to the most. I love checklists and always feel super satisfied after crossing something off, and I also thought I would benefit from reading about study plans.

For this class, I think that my time management needs to be proactive in terms of getting things done before the due dates. I don't have class MWF so I am planning on dedicating my Monday and Wednesday mornings to this course, three hours each day. The study plan article also went into depth about the usefulness of a daily or weekly planner, which I agree with and use during the semester as well.

Besides doing all my work on MWF, I also utilize the time in between my class on TR to stay on campus and get some work done. I have found that I'm more productive whenever I'm on campus in the library or somewhere like that, so I stay on campus whenever I can.

The checklist article talked about setting small, achievable goals (or SMART goals), which I believe is important and is something I am going to try to do more of this semester, especially for this course and others like my capstone.

I thought these articles were useful and I will probably even read some of the other options we had because I can definitely apply them to my everyday! I think my biggest time challenges from last semester was just being busy, especially towards the end of the semester, so working ahead in this course now will benefit me as well as not having classes three days a week to complete all my work.  Overall, though, I would say my time management strategy works well for me and will continue to use it -- work ahead and work as much as I can, even in the small time slots I have.


Checklist Flat Icon Vector.svg from Wikimedia Commons by Videoplasty.com. Link here

How to build a realistic study plan that you’ll actually stick toHow

How to build a realistic study plan that you’ll actually stick to

Comments

Popular Posts