My Storybook Favorites


Similarly between all three of the storybooks I liked the best, I was familiar with the theme of the stories beforehand. I have watched Mean Girls, the Real Housewives, and Gossip Girl, so I definitely found myself more interested in the stories and was looking forward to seeing how the authors chose to incorporate and spin off of them. 

Mean Girls Morals

I really enjoyed how this storybook related Mean Girls back to the stories in Aesop's fables. I thought it was a clever idea, and it was interesting to see in the author's note how she related it back to the fable. I also liked how every "chapter" was a separate story about someone different. As I mentioned before, I was familiar with Mean Girls before I read this story. If someone hadn't, I don't think they would've understood the humor in it as well, but the correlation between Mean Girls and Aesop's fables is still there. I thought that the introduction was well-written and was definitely on theme, and it made me want to read the story even more. The design of the pages was definitely on theme as well.



First off, I thought this idea was hilarious. I thought that it was a cool twist to make the format of the story look like a news station- "Fairy Tale News", and make the classic stories what they would be in the present-day, together.  


(A mash-up photo of the TV introduction shot and the princesses, 
Real Housewives of Happily Ever After from Flickr: Link)

Out of the story books I look at, this was my favorite image I saw. I thought that it was clever and ironic, because the dresses underneath really do look like they match the princess'. The Real Housewives TV show was something I was familiar with before I read this storybook, therefore the title did a good job of letting me know what this story would be about. I thought the design could have been a little more fun, but it was still easy to read and navigate through the story. The intro was captivating and made me want to find out what was going to happen in the story. I liked how these chapters followed one another as well. 


Gossip Girl Ayodhya 

Gossip Girl was something that was familiar to me already, so I had a pretty good guess at what this storybook was going to be about. Of all the introductions, this one was my favorite just because it sounded so much like how it would on the show. I really liked this story book because of it's design and layout- it was clean, easy to follow, and was easy to read. At first glance, the use of images in this story confused me, just because I thought it wasn't on-theme with Gossip Girl, but after reading the story the photos made much more sense.

Comments

Popular Posts