Class Technology

Prior to this course, I have had a couple different blogs for other classes. Being a creative person, I think blogs are fun to design and make your own, so I was looking forward to making a new one just for this course.

Screenshot of my Weebly website, personal image

I had never used Blogger before so I decided to try it out, and to be honest I have mixed feelings about it. I think that some of the other blog platforms I've used, such as Weebly, were easier to puzzle piece together different elements on the page, while Blogger is more template-based I feel like (although maybe I just haven't figured it out yet). As for posting individual posts, I do feel that Blogger is better and I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with it in the next couple weeks.

I have never used Class Wiki before this course but it's very easy to follow and I like it a lot so far. Google Docs I use daily, mostly because I've heard too many horror stories about Microsoft Word crashing on people and them losing all their work and I like how Google Docs saves automatically.

As for the technology tools, I'm a pretty fast learner when it comes to technology. I am very familiar with bookmarking, editing images and graphics and using a website. HTML is something that I've wanted to learn for a couple years, so I'm hoping Blogger can help me get more familiar with it during this course too. I have never used twine but I'm looking forward to learning.


Comments

Popular Posts